#1 Electric Synapse

Electric Synapse

Spid3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:15 PM

Death Magnetic

The new album title by the grandfathers Metallica... they should collaborate with ZZ Top, grow big beards and hang out with Rolling Stones, permanently. Rick Rubin puts his ass on the test pedal, will he succeed to pick up the broken pieces of Bob Rock? Do we have a follow-up version of ...And Justice For All?

#2 hardwire

hardwire

Ninja Strike Force member

• cDc
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Power, Control, Influence, Wealth.

Posted 29 June 2008 - 11:20 PM

So is it good? I actually like that St. Anger song..from their last album that everyone hated. I fucking hate that goddamn black album though. Agh. Just thinking about it makes me vividly picture the exercise room in highschool. "Yo feel my gunz bro - crank up that Metallica!". I've heard that CD so many times. I'm more of a fan of their old fast stuff like Ride The Lightning etc. Master of Puppets was kind of good.
"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division between military and civilian participation." - Marshall McLuhan

#3 Electric Synapse

Electric Synapse

Spid3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:33 AM

It's not out yet, it'll hit the stores sometimes in September. Ac/Dc will also give out a new album this year, hopefully. Iced Earth are on their way too. Seems like everyone's out on the road this year, even the Offspring put out an album a month ago or something. Seems like rocks are bouncing hard this year.

So is it good?

#4 Coyote

Coyote

Small Woodland Creature

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Hilarious Hijinks

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:37 AM

The world would have been a better place in my opinon if Metallica had disbanded after Master of Puppets. I hate them now after the shit they pulled over filesharing.

Lies, lies, lies
Can you write it in red
Your words are poison in my head...

#5 jollyroger

jollyroger

Insekt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:49 AM

Only true geeks will appreciate this somewhat new genre of music. I love it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerdcore

I recommend Mc Frontalot and ytcracker if you wanna see what it sounds like, they are the best in my opinion.

http://www.frontalot.com/index.php/

http://www.ytcracker.com/

ytcracker has an entire album free for download on his site and it is quite awesome, here is a link.

http://www.ytcracker.....nt system.zip
"The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent. The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb." -- Marshall McLuhan, 1969.

#6 + G. Ratte' +

+ G. Ratte' +

Imperial Wizard of ExXxtasy

• Root Admin
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:31 AM

I recommend Mc Frontalot and ytcracker if you wanna see what it sounds like, they are the best in my opinion.

A bunch of us went to see MC Frontalot do a show here in New York after the last night of HOPE in '06; it was really good! His live band is aces.

--
I'm looking forward to that Metallica album and feeling optimistic. I like Rick Rubin's musical sense and hopefully he's prodding them out of the muddle-zone they've been trapping themselves into with Bob Rock. I enjoyed a lot of St. Anger too; I thought half of it was really good. I liked the way it sounded, especially the guitars... I thought they were nicely caustic-sounding and full; even the drums didn't bother me.

Been thinking recently, that what I like in metal is to hear grown-ass adults trying to sound as epic as possible. What I _don't_ like is a band sounding like they're trying to write down to their core audience of maladjusted teenagers (where the money's at). Being pointlessly "aggro" and hitting all the EZ emo buttons that make the kidz exxxtremely cream their pants - that stuff can be embarrassing to listen to.

#7 punkle

punkle

• cDc
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

What frustrated me the most about Metallica's "Black Album" through "Reload" period was the obvious pandering to the changing broadcast markets. The song lengths gradually lessen, the solos disappear, the growling vocal attack milder. You *could* blame it on the talk therapy (you saw that movie, right?) or maturity, but hurf. Slayer's aging too, but not losing any of their presentation skills. Perhaps Metallica gave Rubin permission to tell them "no" to certain things and admitted they didn't really know what to do at this point. Maybe they will be themselves?

And what's with this bullshit adversarial stance with their management? The band would be better off if they did NO press, NO video, NO radio promotion, release a cd/mp3s and just tour for two years at a time. If that doesn't work they can still pull off a reality show in ten years for some last grab cash.

I've been listening to Dethklok (with my eyes) a lot lately, and I'm still happy with them. The 'wik has all the info you could possibly stand about the band.

The Melvins have a new release out in the last month that's really good, you should look it up. I'm still waiting for that Michael Jackson comeback album.
"these jack asses need to get off their high horse and realize they can't kill everyone who disagrees with them."

#8 Coyote

Coyote

Small Woodland Creature

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:Hilarious Hijinks

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:26 PM

Only true geeks will appreciate this somewhat new genre of music. I love it.

Don't forget DJ Sharpnel too.

Lies, lies, lies
Can you write it in red
Your words are poison in my head...

#9 hardwire

hardwire

• cDc
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Power, Control, Influence, Wealth.

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'm still waiting for that Michael Jackson comeback album.

As am I. As am I...

I saw a poster for it when I was walking one day and it stopped me in my tracks. I was like: "No....fucking..WAY!".
I hope it's good. Cilvaringz put out a pro-michael jackson track that is sweet... 'Forever Michael'

Youtube Video ->http://www.youtube.c...></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...QMYvf5ro&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">Original Video

Totally unrelated - but this new Gnarls Barkley song is really good:

Youtube Video ->http://www.youtube.c...></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...1eWtW7e8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">Original Video

"World War III will be a guerilla information war, with no division between military and civilian participation." - Marshall McLuhan

#10 + G. Ratte' +

+ G. Ratte' +

Imperial Wizard of ExXxtasy

• Root Admin
  • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:31 PM

As am I. As am I...

I saw a poster for it when I was walking one day and it stopped me in my tracks. I was like: "No....fucking..WAY!".

Me three, looking forward to it. I liked about half of Invincible, his last LP, a lot.

Totally unrelated - but this new Gnarls Barkley song is really good:

Yeah! Thanks. Cee-Lo Green is a talented dude.

#11 TheGC543

TheGC543

Bulbous Amoeboid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Overcoming humanity

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

something salty and fat
http://www.thesixtyo.../?autoplay_song

#12 Mse

Mse

Spid3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 04:23 PM

Any fans here of atmospheric metal like Neurosis or ISIS?

I'm in love with this kind of music. Most other metal genres really don't interest me al that much.

#13 TheGC543

TheGC543

Bulbous Amoeboid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Any fans here of atmospheric metal like Neurosis or ISIS?

I'm in love with this kind of music. Most other metal genres really don't interest me al that much.

those guys are pretty crunchy
opeth fucking owns as well

#14 TheGC543

TheGC543

Bulbous Amoeboid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

that gnarls barkley cut is fucking splendiferous
kinda reminds me of andre 3000 without all the shitty rap
kinda sorta

#15 Omni

Omni

• cDc
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:ur girl

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

listen to Ulver

Adore the Immortal Bovine For She is our Protector
Admire the Immortal Bovine For Her Steakrifice to Mankind
Exalt the Immortal Bovine For Her Strict Guidance
Revere the Immortal Bovine For Her Undying Fence
Venerate the Immortal Bovine For Her Wholesome Milk
Honour the Immortal Bovine For Her Eternal Strength
Glorify the Immortal Bovine For Her All-seeing Vision
Praise the Immortal Bovine For Her Unending GOMAD Gainz
Hail the Immortal Bovine For She is the Lady and Mistress

#16 Flack

Flack

• cDc
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

I've had the new Motley Crue in my truck for a couple of weeks now. It's very "Dr. Feelgood" era Crue, I think. Nikki Sixx has surrounded himself with a new group of songwriters who are even sharper than he is. I've had the "new" Nikki Sixx album in the truck for a while, too. Good stuff. I'm really looking forward to the new Melvins disc.

"Jack Flack always escapes."

#17 Mse

Mse

Spid3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 12:13 AM

I think I just found the worst band in all of existence: http://profile.myspa...iendid=85699815

Listening to those guys makes me feel as if I'm vomiting through my ears.

#18 Virgil Inferno

Virgil Inferno

Dirty Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:31 AM

I think I just found the worst band in all of existence: http://profile.myspa...iendid=85699815

Listening to those guys makes me feel as if I'm vomiting through my ears.

I can see your point, but it's awfully tough to beat the vid that Freaky posted in the Videos Thread. So far, that one is still well in the lead. It can actually kill roaches...even with shitty speakers.
When things get really bad...when it seems like all of the world is against me...when I think I can't face even one more minute of one more day...I suddenly realize that I always have the option of not wearing any pants.

#19 Mse

Mse

Spid3r

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

Are you talking about that "Final Countdown" cover? Yeah that was pretty bad, but that was just some completely unknown amateur band. And it was sort of funny. But those Brokencyde guys are actually signed to a label and go on tours and actually have fans (somehow). So that makes it a lot worse imo.

Anyway, if any of you happen to be into bands like The Jesus and Mary Chain or other bands bands that make over the top use of guitar distortion, I'd suggest checking out A Place To Bury Strangers. They're pretty noisy and awesome, and they're going to tour together with NIN, which makes it even more awesome.

Also while these guys may "borrow" a lot from bands such as Isis, Neurosis, Tool and Godspeed! You Black Emperor, it's still amazing that they're only 15 years old! Being so young and making such badass music is rare. In your face Tokio Hotel!

#20 Prison System

Prison System

Small Woodland Creature

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:34 AM

In your face Tokio Hotel!

Ha! I've never understood the potentials of that girlie band. I guess the girls are all creamed up by the fake gay image they're representing. A little retro-mix between Motley Crue and New Kids On The Block, a reinvented "girls gone wild" music era.

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users